Jason Moloney vs Kohei Kono Live Boxing

WBA number four ranked bantamweight Jason “The Smooth One” Moloney 16-0 (13) takes another step up in class when he faces off against former two-time world champion Kohei Kono 33-11-1 (14) in defence of his WBA Oceania title at the Malvern Town Hall in Melbourne, Australia on the Hosking Promotions and Peter Maniatis Events “Bob Rose Cup” show on May 19.
Jason Moloney vs Kohei Kono Live

“I am extremely honoured and proud to be the WBA Oceania champion,” said Moloney, who is also ranked WBO #7, IBF #12 and WBC #12 at 118-pounds. 


“It is a title which I am very proud to hold. I am also now ranked number 4 in the world by the WBA and getting very close to achieving my dream of becoming World Champion & I know that for that to happen, I must win on May 19.”
Jason Moloney vs Kohei Kono Live

Japan’s Kono has twice won the WBA super flyweight title and is one of only two men to hold a victory over Japanese boxing royalty Koki Komeda – the other being Thai great Pngsaklek Wonjongkam.
“There is no doubt that Ryan Burnett is a talented fighter but to be honest I wasn’t very impressed with his last performance,” said Moloney.
“Being the WBA super champion is definitely one of my ultimate goals so the fight with Burnett is a fight that we would love to take and it is a fight which we believe we would win.”

Comments